View Single Post
Old 05-16-2023, 11:36 AM   #61
Pine Island Guy

Default it is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot308 View Post
Has anyone been to Jimmy's Jazz and Blues Club in Portsmouth??

https://jimmysoncongress.com/

Looks like a fantastic place to see a show and they have quite a group of talented musicians playing there this summer, fall and winter. Looks like the real deal jazz and blues venue!!... It gets great reviews online also! I have never been but did get tickets for a couple shows this fall. Just wondering if anyone here has been yet?

Dan
I've been a few times both for shows and some events they've done. It is a great venue and if you have time while you're there, check out the before and after photos of the renovation, they spent a few years, and a ton of money on the place!

You can eat and drink there, but since it is right in downtown Portsmouth, there are also any number of great restaurants within walking distance. I've read some of the feedback from the musicians that have played there, and they all talk about the phenomenal acoustics and intimate venue (it is mostly all table seating).

The only downside, is that some of the seats have limited views of the stage, but they have large screens and the music fills the space. I've been to a show where we just sat at the bar and listened and watched on the monitors and had a great time.

For a small venue, they get some great acts, enjoy the show!! -PIG
Pine Island Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pine Island Guy For This Useful Post: