View Single Post
Old 03-12-2023, 04:51 AM   #43
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patofnaud View Post
Thats insane. Get on the Meadowbrook/Live Nation mailing list, and get texts giving you a day or two presales before the public.

I am going to see Zac Brown, Chicago and I got my grandson and his mom Kidz Bop tix. All in section 2 all under $200 a ticket. I go to at least 3 or 4 concerts a year and never pay more than $200 a ticket.

You can't wait until all the tickets are bought up and being resold/scalped/dynamic and sitting up front or you WILL not get good prices.

The only other alternative is to show up at the gate or online just prior to the concert when the scalpers/resellers start dumping.. Once the concert starts those tix ware worth NADA.
$200/ticket is, I think, what many of us here think is too expensive. With any food and parking, that's close to $1000 for a family of four. Most Americans don't have $1000 in savings.

You're right about when to buy, though, and if really, really smart about the process, it can be done—we bought BNL tickets for $55 each (before fees, right behind the table service area), took the cheapest parking, tailgated for dinner with some (disappointingly expensive and mediocre) Sub Crazy subs and drinks, and drank water inside the show. I think the total for the night was $350 w/all fees and food. I think that's a reasonable overall price.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote