View Single Post
Old 02-27-2022, 08:07 AM   #28
baygo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXUM View Post
And this does what exactly? The stuff is already here meaning it is already bought and paid for if the intent is to "hurt" the source.

Pulling it off the shelves only hurts the state which is going to sit on inventory it owns and now won't sell.

Maybe if we did something meaningful like stop importing oil from them and got back to producing our own that would make a bigger impact.
The state does not own any of the alcohol. Brokers rent space within a state owned warehouse. Once the alcohol is sold to a restaurant, the state then pays the broker 30 days later. I don’t know how payment is handled once it’s distributed to the stores. It wouldn’t surprise me if payment is not made until after the store has sold it.

Those affected immediately are the brokers/importers, but a year from now it will affect the producers.

I witnessed the most beneficial gain last night. The conversation around my tavern was robust. There was unity between my liberal guests and conservative guests. Haven’t seen that in a while.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to baygo For This Useful Post: