View Single Post
Old 05-17-2021, 05:42 AM   #19
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,963 Times in 1,213 Posts

Thanks for the tips, all. I was on Chocorua for the weekend with my Scout group, so I couldn't get on board this weekend, but I've got a new Everstart (freshly charged) and a bottle of Seafoam to throw in the fresh fuel.

I also talked to NW Marine, and he was kind enough to provide three options on battery management:

1. Throw this or a group 31 in and use it as I have, expecting ~4 years or so depending on how often it's totally charged.

2. Add a solar panel to keep the battery topped off/fight against connection drain.

3. Add a dual-battery system with an auto or manual switch that will control use of both batteries. For this to be effective, a solar panel would be necessary to keep both cells topped off as the increased capacity definitely wouldn't be covered by the boat's charging system.

I can't currently swing #3 as it would be $800-1k with batteries, charger, regulator, switch, etc.

#2 has got potential, but it would have to be towards the end of summer when we have a better sense of finances (my last check until September is in a few weeks!).

That being said, I'm gonna throw the new battery and Seafoam in and see if I have any issues with the trimming down stalling and stuttering. If I still do, it'll need to go back to the marina for diagnosis and we'll go from there.

If both are cleared up, I'll have discovered the problem(s) and will just decide on how best to avoid them again in the future.

This is a long way of saying thanks for all your help!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app
thinkxingu is offline   Reply With Quote