View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 06:35 AM   #5
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat_guy64 View Post
If you want to sled in Maine, drive your trailer over and hit the good trails away from the border that weekend. Last year, the Maine border clubs didn't groom as a silent boycott to the weekend. The Maine sledders that came to NH were treated to pristine conditions with the Northern clubs grooming extra to keep the trails in as good of shape as possible. Too bad the Maine clubs didn't do the same.

Hopefully, we'll have snow in the lakes region this year and we can showcase the awesome local trails.
I was wrong about the grooming in Maine. For whatever reason the trail coming into Maine on the Saturday of last years event was not groomed, this could have been due to a broken groomer of other reasons but I doubt it was to boycott the event. Or it could even have been because some decided to follow the groomers around which in that case you all know what happens.
I also heard from the same riders that as mentioned earlier after mid morning all trails were junk because of the traffic with many sporting 3-4 foot bumps.
Also anyone partaking this year beware as of now parts of the trail has been detoured due to logging and a lot of it is on plowed roads. Remember altered trails can be bad even when groomed to perfection. From the Rangley trail report.