Thread: I-93, Exit 23
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2020, 06:19 PM   #3
NH.Solar

Its a new medical office building complex that has been in the works for years. The hold up has been the access issues from the State in regards to the seasonal traffic loads from exit 23.
For anyone who might read this and have influence I submit the following; Consider building rotaries at the bases of the highway exits and entrances. This would allow for a free flow of traffic from the highway while at the same time slowing down the traffic coming down the hill on 104 from Bristol. It can be a very busy and congested area and having traffic backing up onto 93 on busy nights due to the present stop signs and need to cross traffic is definitely not a good solution! When (if??) the new rest area proposed is built across 104 from the northbound exit the problem is going to become much worse.
In addition I would suggest to the selectmen in New Hampton consider forming a committee immediately to explore the possibility of creating a commercial district in the area of the junctions of 93, 104, and 132 and floating a TIF bond to upgrade the roads and utilities in that area to support the businesses that will follow. It will take time both because of the magnitude of the project and because the State DOT would need to be heavily involved in the designing right from the get-go.
I was one of the founding members on a committee in Concord the worked out the details on an area titled "the Opportunity Corridor". As you drive north and pass exit 15 you will notice a bunch of new medical office buildings on the left side, that was the opportunity corridor. My long standing family tractor business, an abandoned lumber yard, a relatively new Delta Dental office building and Brochu's Landscaping were all of the businesses on that street when the committee was formed. After years of of going back and forth the committee came up with a plan that has not only improved the still bad exit 15 traffic flow,it has also brought a hundreds of new high end job opportunities and much enhanced tax revenues to Concord. Wake up New Hampton, this is a great opportunity!

Last edited by NH.Solar; 03-29-2020 at 10:20 AM.
NH.Solar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to NH.Solar For This Useful Post: