View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 04:18 PM   #10
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Thumbs down Just posted this on SLedNH, Registration Increase

Registration Increase

We need to get NHSA out of The Registration Discount Business!

We need to amend the present RSA to say you must be a Member of a Nonprofit Snowmobile Club, Registered with The Attorney Generals Office or which ever branch of state Government is appropriate to cover the Discounts.

I wrote Major Wimsatt a letter several months ago question NHSA ability to SELL or OFFER Registration Discounts based on how the present RSA is worded. It is my position the ability to offer the Discount is the Privileged, "not Write" of a "CLUB", not an association!

You have to be a member of a "CLUB" that is a member of NHSA. NHSA has added to this you must be an individual Member of NHSA along with being a Member of a Club when you join a Club through the NHSA/CLUB Membership website.

I do not know of any "ADMINISTRATIVE Rule" that may have been set up to give NHSA the ability to offer Registration Discounts.

Read the RSA and tell me if i am wrong in MY way of thinking on this issue.

Section 215-C:39

215-C:39 Registration Fees. – The fees to be collected under this chapter are as follows:

I. Individual resident registration--$90 for each snowmobile registration upon presentation of a valid driver's license issued to a New Hampshire resident 18 years of age or older. An individual resident registering a snowmobile who provides proof, at the time of registration, that the individual is a member of an organized New Hampshire nonprofit SNOWMOBILE CLUB which is a member of the New Hampshire Snowmobile Association shall pay $60 for each snowmobile.

No where in the RSA does it say the CLUB MEMBER needs to be a Member of NHSA!

We need to change the WORDING

Skip,

How can we do this and how FAST. This needs to be done irregardless of the outcome of the pending "Consumer Complaints now in front of the Attorney General!

Part 2 UPDATE

I just noticed the phrase about a Club being in "GOOD STANDING" with NHSA is not in the RSA?

Link:

http://www.slednh.com/forums/index.p...comment-101216
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WINNOCTURN For This Useful Post: