View Single Post
Old 05-05-2017, 10:59 AM   #7
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

So, this thread intrigued me, first because, once I am done raising my two sons and am not busy with High School sports I hope to get into snowmobiling, and two because I love NH, that is where I would plan to do a lot of my snowmobiling.

In visiting the the NHSA website, I am struck by the fact that there is no noted vision statement for the organization. On top of which there is no clear indication on what currently the organization is work towards for goals over the next year or two. These things are paramount, for a successful organization.

From what I read in the SledNH thread from Winnocturn. There seem to be some issues with the organization itself and the current board of directors. The problem with non-profits is that with out proper policing, they often run foul of their intentions, especially once they start to have paid full time employees, which seems to be the case here.

Myself personally, would find it hard to support an organization, with out a strong Mission Statement, and a proper 1 year and 5 year plan. But Hey that is the business man in me.

Now more to what the issue seem to be here, is that the NHSA was trying to blanket price the cost of membership.... Well that indeed is price fixing... And if all clubs in the state must belong to NHSA, and use the online NHSA app for membership then it is in deed a Monopoly. However I don't believe that either of those statements are true. However there is no reason why the AG, can't launch a investigation into the organization, that is the right of the AG office. The fact that a non-profit organization would legally try to fight an investigation, tells me that there is something going on behind the scenes and would only serve to draw more attention from the AG's office.

People should be looking at the NHSA with the following questions, to understand the importance of this group:
1. What is the organization doing to help me as a snowmobiler or my club?
2. What is the organization doing to make the hobby of snowmobiling more inviting in NH?
3. What are the long term objects for the organization, to continue to make NH a premier snowmobile destination...

These questions aren't answered easily on the website.... and they should be.