View Single Post
Old 04-08-2015, 05:15 PM   #12
Greene's Basin Girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadHopper View Post
The vet hospital was there first! Why did they even bother to buy the land in the first place, if they don't want to live next to a vet hospital!

Remind me of the Hudson Speedway back in the 80's. A big shot developer built a housing development next to the speedway. He had trouble selling the homes when folks told them about noise from the speedway. He ended up trying to close the speedway!

The courts didn't buy the developer's story as the speedway was there first and the developer should have known better! It was quite the fight and I am sure the developer lost his shirt. The speedway is still there!

The same principle should be applied to the vet hospital.
This reminds of some issues that have happened on the lake. People buy a lakefront house and then they complain because the no wake zone stops right before their home. They want to extend the no wake zone and make it longer. Up near Green's Basin we have enough no wake zones. I have been in the Basin since the 1950's. I do not need newbies ( those that do not look at the speed zones in front of their home ) move in and want to change things.
Greene's Basin Girl is offline   Reply With Quote