View Single Post
Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #17
Belmont Resident

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpg View Post
I beg to differ "all season" tires means just that, all season. They are (supposed) to be decent in the winter. Are there better out there for snow, sure there are but their supposed to be a "general" all around tire for N.E. driving. Personally I like Blizzaks for winter driving but also quite loud on the particular vehicle we have them on (Accord.) The Accord gives back a lot of road noise but the Blizzaks make it even worse.
BH Belknap tire is about $25 higher then anyone else is and that is per tire.
Greg lost my business years ago due to his piss poor attitude and misleading practices.
Stratum tire may not have it in stock but I believe they can get most anything. The Xterra sure isn't a commercial vehicle and neither are Michelin AT tires.

dpg I agree, my wife ran Blizzaks on her Rave 4 and they also made a lot of road noise, but so do the factory tires on there now, Michelin's will quiet that right down when the time comes.
I would much rather spend the money on a snow tire for the winter, we have not found an all season tire yet that I really like.
But I'll say this if they wear good then those Transforce tires I got for the truck will be all I ever get.