Thread: 93 or 95?
View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 01:19 PM   #2
jmen24

Fastest/shortest route = traffic. Always

If you would like to take a nice drive up that includes some very scenic roads (not back roads all state roads) then I would come up 95, to 16 north (spaulding), get off on 202 west, travel until I hit 126 north/west (take that, it is in Barrington), this will bring you through Strafford into Barnstead and will drop you about 10 min south of the Alton Traffic circle on Rt.28.

Nice ride (cooler air temp and nice views), no tourist traffic (keeps the blood pressure down so Vaca starts off on a good note) and is a nice change of pace.

Look it up on google maps the difference from Boston to Alton (at the bay) is 1 hour 48 minutes your way up 16 vs 2 hours 7 minutes my way off the beaten path.

I created the comparison, but am better with directions than computers, so it did not work out when the links were posted. Google maps will try to send you up Rt 9 from 16, don't do that, it will add more time than it will cut off for distance.

Just a locals perspective on driving around the weekend traffic to go to the same general area.
jmen24 is offline   Reply With Quote