View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 02:48 AM   #1
fatlazyless

Default ...turning water back on?

Anyone else thinking about turning their water back on, over this weekend, for the entire summer season, what with the temperature predictions for the next two weeks? March 16 seems like it should be winter, and thinking snowfall.......say hey.......March is usually a big snowfall month around here........ but here I am thinking seriously on starting up the pump and filling the water system back up to 50-lbs pressure! Last September, I went and bought a brand new snow-blower and never even started it up once for the entire winter.....but this is getting off-topic so I'll let this topic slide.

With the high price of propane and my incredibly heat leaky cottage I decided it was just too expensive to be heating it all this winter.....probably a function of my old age or something.....you know.....supposedly one gets smarter as they get older........anyway.....how much can go wrong if I restart the water system and get it up to speed ........WOW.....a real flush toilet.....what a concept! With just one bathroom, it takes all of one gallon of rv antifreeze to winterize the cottage....but still ....seems like a wacky idea.....water pressure on March 16.....think I'll probably go for it and restart the water pump.....I been missing listening to that thing energize back up to 50-lbs......the pump and tank are right in the kitchen....directly next to the refrigerator......ho-hum!

March 16........water pressure.....is this wacky weather crazy or what?