View Single Post
Old 08-15-2023, 07:26 AM   #56
ApS

Cool No Attorney Necessary...

I just realized this morning that I had a front seat to this "accident"!

That explains all the boat traffic while I was having an early lunch. There may have been a second barge docked there at the time.

One excavator barge left this morning at 7:30AM.

The crash took place at a prominent point of shoreline we've always called Camp Keewaydin--after the road that services the area.

The wrecked boat is one I've seen docking a number of times. The operator's handling skills are amazing. He docks that boat as if it had side-thrusters!

The HackerCraft may be totalled, although both new and ancient examples range from $35,000 to $120,000+. These boats have been manufactured--and raced--since the roaring Twenties.

http://www.classicboat.com/antique-b...mmuter-27k.htm
(Notice the removed shoes of all aboard flopped in the center: only bare feet allowed!)

As for the "driver" of the offending boat, I think he tripped on a boat cushion, hit his head on the throttle, crashed, recalled the fatal skiing accident of Liam Neesom's wife (head injury), phoned for help, was rushed to shore nearby, then feeling better, and no worse for wear, later declined further assistance from friends.

Would it be schadenfreude if the Hacker Craft belonged to him?
ApS is offline   Reply With Quote