View Single Post
Old 08-16-2008, 03:27 PM   #24
Winni Luvr

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoodfam View Post
Common but annoying mistake....kinda like saying Mallardian Ducks But you are correct they, the Canada Geese, do deposit enough "s%$#" in the lake to create problems.
It may be those darned Drakardian Ducks as well......

sorry...I always heard them referred to as Canadian Geese...thanks for the correction..anyway...they're just nasty in my opinion...to take a walk in a park anymore is like doing a slalom course..it has to be effecting the Lake..Last year where I stayed in Meredith..they provided a broom to get rid of what was on the floating dock...guess it should've been a bag and shovel..
Since I'm from a business background and not a scientific background...I'd just like to know how (hope this is not a stupid question) how do Lakes naturally purify or get rid of these harmful bacteria's? I mean, I look at Lake Winnipesaukee and it looks as clear as it did when I first came here 40 years ago...I always tell everyone it is the cleanest Lake there is..but then the last few years there has been an abundance of beach closures due to bacteria..and it certainly is not evident in the clarity of the water..
In fact I went for a couple of chilly swims the 1st week of August with no thought of if it was safe or not. I think someone else asked, but are the readings at Ellacoya or Gilford Town Beach an indication that say the entire Gilford area shoreline may be unsafe?
Winni Luvr is offline   Reply With Quote