View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 12:42 PM   #57
CanisLupusArctos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose View Post
I can't remember, was there a severe thunderstorm warning in affect? If so, that would cover a tornado. It would be interesting to learn what combination of factors causes them to issue a tornado warning, other than an actual report of tornado on the ground.

Scott, that video is sweet!
True, although I noticed they dont always include the canned phrase about severe tstms sometimes producing tornadoes. I know they always include it when radar has detected weak rotation, and then upgrade to tornado warning if it becomes strong rotation. I can't remember if they had a severe tstm warning out that night though, or if it was all flash flood warnings. They must've been going batty.

At Black Cat we're up to 6.38 inches of rain for the month of August, making it the rainiest month since October 2006. Although that month has a higher rainfall total (so far,) the reason for all this damage has been the rainfall rate. Two inches of rain in 24 hours usually won't cause much damage but if you get an inch of rain in 15 minutes, watch out. We have seen some incredible rainfall rates in this year's storms.

Any word on what they've decided to do with the boardwalk, or if it's been further damaged by the more recent rains?
CanisLupusArctos is offline   Reply With Quote