Thread: Trip Report
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 06:57 AM   #20
Mr. Moyer

tis,

I think we are all intelligent enough to realize that despite how low our property values drop, we will not see a reflection in our tax bills. I found it amazing how often, the reasseeor was at my house over the last 10 years (I live in a growing town, where values went up rapidly), and I am assuming I wont see him again until there is a turnaround in real estate value. A sad fact, but true. I think if any of us are expecting the tax bill to go down, we will be setting ourselves up for grave disappointment. The big issue is the local governments are not in the business of giving it's current residents relif, instead they will cry that there are more needs for local programs for those who are in trouble economically. I have never heard of a drop in taxes.

In our town they said they were going to drop the rate per value amount, then subsequently raised values the mext month, raiseing taxes again. If you expect it, it doesn't seem to hurt as bad, but it's never fun. Just some realities, I've come to expect.
Mr. Moyer is offline   Reply With Quote