Thread: Trip Report
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 08:00 PM   #13
Mr. Moyer

Winniluver,

As you look at the McMansions, and feel they are built in poor taste, many look at the older cottages as dumps that should be knocked down and rebuilt. I'm not saying it is right, but I think it is perspective of the individual.

My neighbors don't have to worry about a mansion being built next to their place, since, I'm just trying to make the monthly payments to keep my home out of the hands of Laconia savings.

As for all of those mcmansions with for sale signs in front of them. These are the homes that were full of the middle class wealthy, trying to be bigger then they are and living outside of their means. This is not the audience that we want to attract, since their revenue is as cyclical as mine. What we do want are those who can afford the homes they are in, weather they are uberrich or middle class.

Unfortunately. it isn't only the lakes region where people have bought "too much home" and in many cases they need to unload them to get out from under the debt they have accrued. It's too bad, but poor fiscal responsibility will bite your ass
Mr. Moyer is offline   Reply With Quote