Thread: Trip Report
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 02:54 PM   #5
KonaChick

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteotrade View Post
I find this logic completely irrational. Is it your assertion that people with a lot of disposable income are more likely to lack the good taste required to build a McMansion? I think I speak for Mr V when I say that the problem is not that people with money built next to him, its that people with no taste did.

In addition, I believe that rented cottages are more likely to bring disposable income to the area than McMansions, as they are utilized more frequently during the summer by people who actually take vacations. Renters are more likely to get out and spend $ over the course of a week compared to McMansion owners who are just as content to come up on weekends only and hang with their new flat panel LCDs. Obviously I have no evidence to support this claim but it makes sense anecdotally.
$75 fill up in Ctr. Harbor because the gas is cheaper there than at home
$100 trip to Heath's (love the ground beef, makes the juiciest burgers)
$300 fill up for the boat, oh and throw in another 50 for the jet ski's
$150 Coe House bill because you can only have so many Heath's burgers
$ 50 trip to Weirs because the cousins are here and you HAVE to go to the Weirs (that includes lunch and enough tokens to strangle a small elephant)
$ 25 to that cute little craft store in Moultonborough because that's the only place that sells those soy candles I love so much
$20 trip to Red Hill Dairy because my kids love "The Flavor of the Week"
$170 bill to pay the guy who gets rid of those weeds around the property because he uses a herbicide that's safe to use around water so it's worth the extra dollars
$100 jet ski repair (my son was right a rock got sucked into the engine)
$50 back to Heath's because the 17 yr. old came up with 3 extra friends we weren't told about
$4 Jojo's coffee and newspaper every morning
Lots of $$ spent by friends and relatives who come up to the house to enjoy the lake with us

Owning a McMansion on the lake and enjoying every moment we can up there = priceless
KonaChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links