Thread: Trip Report
View Single Post
Old 08-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #4
meteotrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Moyer View Post
siksukr,

What I found the most odd statement, was the comment on the McMansions. You can't have it both ways, we want people with disposible income to be in the area, during tough times, but yet we want to ostracize those with the money.
I find this logic completely irrational. Is it your assertion that people with a lot of disposable income are more likely to lack the good taste required to build a McMansion? I think I speak for Mr V when I say that the problem is not that people with money built next to him, its that people with no taste did.

In addition, I believe that rented cottages are more likely to bring disposable income to the area than McMansions, as they are utilized more frequently during the summer by people who actually take vacations. Renters are more likely to get out and spend $ over the course of a week compared to McMansion owners who are just as content to come up on weekends only and hang with their new flat panel LCDs. Obviously I have no evidence to support this claim but it makes sense anecdotally.
meteotrade is offline   Reply With Quote