View Single Post
Old 07-31-2008, 04:55 PM   #1
Winni Luvr

Default Where is summer?

Well, I'm about to embark on the 1st of my 2 yearly treks up to the Lake (yippee) but I can't help but notice the weather really hasn't been all that summerlike yet up there, and quite rainy as well. What's going on? I kind of wish global warming would hit there like it has here in NJ (we have had no shortage of 90+ degree days this year). I have been going up to the Lake for many years (40 or so) now and we have usually had to deal with at least a couple of days of really hot weather, but looking at next week's forecast and the weather of previous weeks, it looks like much of the same weather....upper 70's and chance of T-Storms. Now trust me, I am not complaining at all about the air temperature, because it will be nice to get away from this god awful heat, but my real concern is the Lake temperature. I love to swim in the Lake, I actually find it therapeutic for my aches and pains (probably all in my mind, but I swear all of my pains go away for months after a swim in Lake Winnipesaukee , but 75 degrees is a wee bit chilly for these old bones. I have a pool and won't go in until the temp hits 85....but geez..a whole 10 degrees cooler...I just don't know. I'm definitely going in, but may have to buy a wetsuit. Is it just me or is it really a much cooler, wetter summer there this year? (oh, and my comment above about wishing global warming on NH wasn't for real, I ski in the winter, and global warming is just about the last thing I want to happen to the Northeast or anywhere in the world). Anyway, looking forward to getting up to your wonderful state....
Winni Luvr is offline   Reply With Quote