View Single Post
Old 09-05-2022, 11:06 PM   #43
XCR-700

Default Oops I did it again,,,

Well did it again,,,

We were at the Gunstock Craft Fair on Saturday and it was a bit smaller than expected and we had more of the afternoon left than expected, so we broke out the boat thinking maybe people might be doing other things like packing up their summer homes and such. Oh boy were we wrong!

Just as soon as I hit the Paugas sandbar the madness began, and it never got better.

It was possibly the worst day I have even seen on the lake for ignoring safety rules.

So many people totally ignoring distance/speed rules, cutting people off, it was a total free for all in front of Weirs Beach. And the line to get under the bridge only to see people get to the other side and turn around. It was the oddest day on the water I can remember.

It was very clear when you had a group of people in a rental boat who didnt know the basic rules and were kind of just winging it. But what was seemingly worse, was the guys with silver hair that seemed to just be arrogantly blowing off any rules as if they could care less. As one of the now older boaters on the lake this surprised me. I was really shocked by the utterly blatant disregard for basic safe boating rules by guys with nice boats that clearly were not rentals. Pretty much a get out of my way I dont care attitude. I have encountered this when waiting for dock space at various town docks, but never this bad.

So now I guess I need to be on the lookout for the gray foxes, as well as the newbies, and the distracted drivers playing with their cell phones, and the kids showing off, and rogue waves from the wake boats, and so on,,,

Well it was a really good reminder why I have come to like boating during the middle of the week.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote