View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 06:13 AM   #29
TiltonBB

Thanked 2,153 Times in 900 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GusMan View Post
While I agree that boating on Winnie on the weekends is just plain crazy... It's a combination of total shoreland development, amenities (restaurants, sandbars etc) that draws all the traffic.

Moderately busy lakes like Winnisquam, Ossipee, Wenworth are just as beautiful as Winnie, but offers none of the restaurant, tourist destinations that people crave.

If you'd like a totally relaxing, non-captain bonehead day (or at least a rare sighting!) even on a Saturday in prime summer Saturdays.... head to Conway Lake. I was there on Saturday 8/20 for a small bass club fishing tournament. Weather was absolutely perfect... 85 and sunny and calm. The lake was absolutely quiet. Looking down the 3-4 mile (?) length of the lake if you could see 8-9 boats or PWCs I'd be surprised.

Saturdays can be relaxing if one would consider their options...

Cheers...

Gusman
That sounds nice but it would be something only a small amount of people (I think less than 5% of boaters) could or would do.

The vast majority of Winnipesaukee boaters have no means to transport their boats. All of their boat movement and off season storage is handled by local marinas and service companies. Many boats are too large for an owner to transport anyway and hiring people involves another expense.

A lot of people on the lake have become used to the increase in weekend boat traffic and plan around it. The people fortunate enough to be at the lake all summer (or all year) have weekdays available to go to their favorite destinations.

This week and next week are two of the best weeks of the boating season. The lake is quiet and the water is still warm.

We went to Meredith for dinner at 6:30 last night. There was no wait and there were about 5 slips available. The lake was like glass. Great ride! (There are a few advantages to being old!)
TiltonBB is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TiltonBB For This Useful Post: