View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 10:51 AM   #14
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by joey2665 View Post
I have lived in both South Down and Long Bay from 2007 to 2016. Both communities are great and have pluses and minus' at to better beachs, boat facilities and a pool.

I did prefer Long Bay as it has two beaches and the pool, additionally if you live in Long Bay you can still rent a slip or rack in South Down from a private owner.

It is important to remeber in both communitites there are master HOA's (Long Bay and South Down) then ther are sub HOA's in each little community if Long Bay (I was in Prides Point) and most homes in South Down are also in sub HOA's although there are homes in South Down that do not have sub HOA's along Crimsom Drive and Drummers Trail.

In 2017 i moved from Long Bay to the Meredith Bay community, which I love but just like anything else there are plus' and minus'. I miss the easy access to the snowmobile trails in the winter and it is a realtively flat community for jogging where Meredith Bay doesnt really have clear acces to the trails and is extremely hilly. On the other hand when boating I do not have to deal with the conga line coming through the channel, our HOA fees included membership to Akwa Marina so we have a beach, two pools and a resturant and it is a much smaller community.

As far as Wolfboro, I love the town and usually visit 2-3 times a year, I prefer this side of the lake.
Hi Joey, great info! Just one minor correction, South Down now prohibits Long Bay owners from renting a rack or a slip at South Down. They changed it just after you left in 2017. It sort of pissed me off at the time since I had been renting a rack since 2009 and helped contribute to funding the boat yard during the down times. However, as a result, we are now at Lakeport Landing and couldn't be happier. A covered boat slip and we can come and go as we please without having to worry about valet service or open docks when we return.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote