View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 10:21 AM   #12
thinkxingu

Thanked 1,959 Times in 1,210 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiltonBB View Post
Everyone area will have positives, and negatives.

I enjoy visiting Wolfeboro and the shops on Main Street but there are a limited number of stores that are not high priced. We often go over by boat and patronize the restaurants.

The other side of the lake (Gilford/Laconia) has a lot of stores including two grocery stores and Lowes and WalMart.

If the home you buy is to become a full time home, as opposed to a weekend/vacation home, the proximity of stores becomes important. When you no longer commute from your present house that portion of your decision will no longer matter.

Some Saturday's while working on home projects (and because I am a poor planner) I end up at Lowes 2 or 3 times. It makes it easier because it is close by.

There are going to be trade offs wherever you buy but as has been said, the arrangements for a boat should be a serious consideration in the discussion.
One of the benefits of public forums like this is hearing things you wouldn't have considered—what you mention about the changes from going part to full-time are good.

Because of that, however, I needed to look up Wolfeboro to see about building/home supplies, and, besides the hardware store downtown (which, by the way, I would KILL for in my home town), there's a Hancock Lumber. Besides (maybe) tad higher prices, I gotta think those would suffice.

Still would need to know about grocery stores...

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
thinkxingu is online now   Reply With Quote