View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 08:20 PM   #16
joey2665

Thanked 1,007 Times in 648 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowtorman View Post
Since when are public records out of line. See for yourself...bring up the Gilford tax map and see how many properties are owned by a trust. I know 3rd generation Islanders staying on family trust properties on Pine, near Stonedam, Bear Island and one of the mile islands. Look on a tax map, I don't need to share their specifics. Go beach your boat on the beautiful beach of Norway Point which has been in a trust since the early 60s....see how long you stay there. Why do you think there are no houses yet?

Allman Brothers......all talkin 'bout stuff that they don't know.

Do you think maybe the high end motor coach might ;have a lounger or fold out cot they might have shared? Point is 2 different worlds 40 feet apart...not whether the motorhome was parked illegally. There's plenty of people in luxury coaches that spend the night in parking lots not camping facilities.

They probably didn't notice him asleep at 9 30....feet off the curb head on the asphalt. Fast asleep.... didn't budge when my bike passed or the truck parked next to him. All I could see for possessions was a pack of cigarettes. Every day "unhoused" people congregate by the river between the Post office and Laconia city hall. Look for blue tarps along the Merrimack.....the state calls the problem a "tsunami". It's everywhere.

This forum represents a high percentage of wealthy and privileged people. Imagine the good that could be done if collectively if it was a priority? Would anyone pay $10 a year to be on the forum if the $ went back into lake protection or other hot topics....gun rights...school Safety... wildlife and conservation? Just saying.

BTW... when the police "move them along" where is it that "they" are being marched off to?

It's like WAM if you don't see or believe it's a problem it's not a problem. It's the man's fault as much as anyone who stumbled in life right? No one can teach compassion people either have it or they don't.

We had a neighbor...huge sailor. Quit his big job in March...moved to the lake in April. Had a massive stroke in May and the property went on the market in June. He came back a couple of times with an aide and a wheelchair, couldn't make it to the dock.

Point is..... enjoy your good fortune while you can...you are not far from the fringe at any time.
Your out of line because all you are making is assumptions and casting a very broad stoke without supplying actual numbers. If you want to make a real point you do your research and provide actual statistics from town records.

Additionally just because and island property has been in a family for generations and is in a trust doesn’t mean the family has a significant amount of money they are just protecting an asset passed down from previous generations.

You keep bringing up the RV but that is where many acts performing at the Colonial park their tour buses and has nothing to do with the homeless guys sleeping 40 feet away.

Homelessness in Laconia is a completely different and complex issue. I know because the loiter around my business in downtown Laconia every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app