View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 06:04 PM   #11
FlyingScot

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowtorman View Post
Yes, generator running, not too hot and not too cold...and not spending money on a campsite like a "good" tourist.

I talked to a large marine contractor...he said he was motivated because he wanted what the rich kids had and he worked his tail off to get it.

Many lake properties island or mainland are in trusts established 50 years ago. Many beautiful boats at marinas are also paid by trusts set up 2 generations ago.
You don't get to pick your family but many LAKELIFE benefactors are here by the decisions of grandparents.
Just look at a Gilford tax map.

We are not a classless society, even if we have no "class".

Decisions may be made by illness, accidents, addiction, unemployment, bad timing, bad luck, and bad choices, acquaintances and decisions. Sometimes one event can be life changing.

I'm saying maybe this individual, and many others like him don't "deserve" this place to sleep.

Complicated discussion.....not preaching just showing the extremes at hand in the area.

I agree it's sad any way you look at it.
Well said. One other issue is that a huge number of homeless and underfed people are kids.

I don't pretend to know the answer here, but your point about two cities is especially jarring. We have hungry kids just a mile or two from "toys" (second homes) that are worth $1MM+