Thread: Fratello's
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2022, 05:18 PM   #11
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishEyes View Post
I agree with everything you said about the vacation resort prices and service on weekends. People that move here from urban areas (myself included) are surprised by the prices and expect them to be lower since you can dine in Boston for less!
Fratello's problem is easy to fix - eliminate 1/3 of the tables and accept reservations so you will know what to expect for guests on any given evening. Oh and putting tables in your parking lot and then asking guests to go park at O's is not acceptable! If I have to go park at another restaurant, I will be dining there! They were not lacking for wait staff; they just couldn't handle the volume of diners. Sorry for the rant!
Two items come to mind...
Too many tables for the kitchen staff to handle; and too many customers wanting to come in at the same time.

Since you are a tourist... Saturday would be appropriate. But for too many locals, they would just crowd in even when knowing that it was tourist season and weekends should be left to the tourists.

I have my favorite restaurant, that I happen to know generally has a slow Wednesday, so being local... I support them on Wednesdays.
John Mercier is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to John Mercier For This Useful Post: