View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 05:02 PM   #130
LoveLakeLife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poor Richard View Post
I'd a take safe spaces any day over a kid being in 5th grade and lying to his teacher and guidance counselor about how the bruises ended up across his face, knowing full well that if he did tell the truth he'd likely lose his brother and sister to the state's child care services.

I'd also take participation trophies and no hurt feelings over a kid getting whacked with Lincoln Logs, cooking spoons or just generally getting an ass whooping usually while being held down in the process.

I'd suspect that young man would eventually learn that he's not worth experiencing the love that so many of his friends seemed lucky enough to experience and from that, I'd guess he may end up making some incredibly poor choices as time went on because, who really cares anyway?

Yeah, the beatings definitely work, absolutely no mental scars.

I can only imagine what would happen if the individual that has been described above were to work at a place such as WAM.
An elementary school having a “guidance counselor” is a problem in itself. Lincoln Logs and cooking spoons?? Amateur hour, they’d practically be a reward. Mental “scarring” is internally manufactured and then whines about like “stress”. Non-snowflakes choose their own attitude.

Is the implication really that the WAM people can blame their childhood for consciously deciding to do certain acts as adults? That would be a strange outlook.

Sent from my iPhone using Winnipesaukee Forum mobile app