View Single Post
Old 07-22-2022, 07:08 AM   #125
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkxingu View Post
This is horrifying.

Sent from my SM-G990U1 using Tapatalk
Sadly the victims too often rationalize it as their family was just trying to raise them well, but in reality it was/is violent crime perpetrated behind closed doors and against those who both cannot fight back or speak out about it.

Its a crime and a sickness.

I worked with a genuinely kind person, that told me how he and his multiple brothers were lined up every week and the father picked one of them out to beat the hell out of just as a warning to all of them to keep in line. He said by the age of 16 each of them left home, but carried the scars their whole like. At a funeral service for one of them, the eldest spoke and shared a bit of that dark family history, and how difficult it was to even think about it let alone talk about it and at his advanced age he was only then able to grasp the terrible impact it had on him his whole life. It was hard to listen to, so I cant even imagine what that was like to live through,,,

Beating a child with a strap for incorrectly using a word, or beating them simply as an example, and the gross sexual abuse this thread speaks to is beyond reproach, its inexcusable!

As we both agree, horrifying seems to be the best description for all these such situations. Horrifying,,,
The Following User Says Thank You to XCR-700 For This Useful Post: