View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 05:31 PM   #43
SailinAway

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Agree on tragic and sickening. But I think we've seen very clearly over the past 10 years or so that depravity does not know politics, religion, and other espoused values. It's happened in hundreds of American churches and scout troops, so a marina should not be a surprise (though I admit I'm surprised). If you see something, say something...
XCR-700 asked, "How does such madness happen in 2022 and in a place like Winnipesaukee?" There are a few causes of pedophilia, but we need to separate the causes within the perpetrators from detection and reporting. In some posts in this thread we see an aversion to talking about pedophilia, a hush-hush tone. Why? Because sex crimes are embarrassing? Shameful? When this aversion is conveyed to children and adolescents, they are less likely to report pedophilia to their parents, guidance counselors, or the police. It's hard to prosecute a hidden crime or fix a hidden social condition. Of course, this crime is the opposite of the life we associate with the Lakes Region, so it's understandable that some people would prefer not to talk about it in this forum. (But we talk about plenty of other unsavory things, like high taxes, Covid wars, etc.) Silence isn't going to help this problem.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SailinAway For This Useful Post: