View Single Post
Old 05-18-2022, 03:35 PM   #40
upthesaukee

Thanked 1,918 Times in 1,061 Posts
Default In a perfect world...

In a perfect world, boat owners could just say I'm out of here. Easier said than done.

I kept my 25 ft bowrider at WAM for a few years. If you wanted to dock the following year, you needed to store the boat during the off-season with WAM. There also was a downpayment on the docking charge in the fall and I believe a $1000 installment due Feb 1 with the balance before the boat is launched in the spring.

I looked for our old records from WAM , but after we sold the boat in 2019, we purged the records from our file cabinet. If memory serves me, we paid about $3800 to dock, and had a fall downpayment of about a third, so somewhere around $1300-1500. Add to that $1000 in Feb, and about 2/3 of the fee for the year has been paid. I personally could not walk away from that and start over even if I could find a dock. (You know that they would not just give you the money back)

IMHO, those who are there will have a choice in late summer about what they will do for the 2023 season. For this year, they are pretty much stuck.

One comment about the defendants in any lawsuit like these. The plaintiffs will name "everyone" who could possibly be involved initially, which later may be reduced as the lawsuit winds its through the court system. That we will all have to wait and see.

Dave