View Single Post
Old 08-27-2015, 07:51 AM   #26
chipj29

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIforrelaxin View Post
Chip,

I don't know what time you went through the area, but I have heard that the Detour at 4 or 5 o'clock in the afternoon was very well marked... My sister and mother, both of whom get lost easily navigated through it with no problem...
Fair enough, I stand corrected. I was in the area in the early afternoon (it was around 3pm). It wasn't the traffic coming off the highway (moving away from 93), it was the traffic heading towards 93. Manchester Street was at an absolute crawl, almost from Rt 106 all the way to the 93 junction. This was heading towards the problem area. It took a friend of mine 45 minutes to go from Banks Chevy on Manchester St to Everett Arena on Loudon Rd. That's like a 3 mile drive.

Don't forget that I stated that this event was mostly handled OK. And that I stated that DOT and local govt needs to have a discussion on handling this in the future. In the business world we call it event review/lessons learned, and corrective/preventative actions (what can we do better). I am NOT complaining about how this was handled.