View Single Post
Old 08-26-2015, 01:39 PM   #24
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
I think this situation was handled mostly OK. However, once cars were directed to exit the highway, they were mostly on their own. I agree that there really isn't much more that they could do though given the amounts of traffic in that area already.

My point is this:
When you travel 93 south of Manchester, they have green trailers set up in some of the median turn arounds. These trailers have cones and other traffic management devices that the NHSP and DOT are supposed to use when there are incidents on the highway to divert traffic. There are also traffic management plans in place where if the highway needs to be closed, there are signed routes to follow. I am not aware of any of that in Concord.
Chip,

I don't know what time you went through the area, but I have heard that the Detour at 4 or 5 o'clock in the afternoon was very well marked... My sister and mother, both of whom get lost easily navigated through it with no problem...