View Single Post
Old 01-29-2014, 10:40 AM   #41
BroadHopper

Thanked 1,090 Times in 784 Posts
Default Jeez!

Lighten up people! I have good experience as well as bad in every restaurant I have been to! Everyone have their bad moments and I expect that. If an establishment has thee bad moments than I will not return!

I don't expect management to get on their hands and knees if I make a complaint but I do like to see remedial action. I'm happy with that.

A great example was at Patrick's Pub. A party of four couples were seated promptly in the upper deck despite a rather busy weekend. Things went downhill as the waitress as extremely inattentive. Either Alan, the owner, notice it or it came to his attention and he introduce himself to the table and personally became our new wait staff! This was totally unexpected! That is what I call remedial action above and beyond. On the way out he gave each couple a $20 gift certificate 'in case we came back'. Well none of us had a problem about coming back!

During the summer months, the wait staff is made up of experience college kids or teachers on summer break. So I expect a trained crew. In the winter they are back to school or work. So you will find a different crew off season, more laid back if you will. I expect management to make sure they don't get too lazy, but what I find that management tends to 'take a vacation' off season and thus the attention you get in the summer 'may not be there' off season. I take that into consideration for the 'seasonal joints'. Off season I stick with the establishment that consider themselves 'year round' such as Patrick's Pub and T-Bones/Cactus Jack.