View Single Post
Old 07-17-2013, 01:14 PM   #14
Overlake97

Thumbs up Reprinted from my Yelp.com post for Woodlands Tavern

My wife and I had a great dinner here on Sunday night (July 14, 2013)!

I'd been looking at the enticing pictures of their menu offerings on Facebook (see link in Post #6. Once on their page, click on "photos" link near top or on any random photo to bring up the album), so I had a pretty good idea of what I was craving even before seeing the menu. Ended up with the Creole Jambalaya, which the waitress warned me was very spicy, but I really didn't think so. It WAS excellent though, with nice, large pieces of shrimp, scallops, chicken and chorizo, plus assorted veggies and rice (ended up taking 1/3rd home) - and just enough heat. My wife ordered probably their simplest entree, the Spaghetti Napoli, and she really liked that too. We also had two appetizers: Grilled Lamb Chops and Portobello Mushroom, stuffed with goat cheese, spinach, garlic and sun-dried tomatoes. My wife thought the mushroom was the best appetizer she'd had in a long time; and my lamb chops were great. Because they were followed closely by the seafood heavy Jambalaya, I felt like I'd had Surf n Turf!

Although I'm usually too stuffed for dessert, at Woodlands - motivated again by those great Facebook photos - I just had to try a dessert, and opted for the Eton Mess (fruit laced with thick cream). I also let the bar manager, who dropped by to introduce herself (it was a quiet Sunday night), talk me into a speciality coffee, with Kahlua, Amaretto and Bailey's irish Creme. Both after-dinner treats were worth it, and were a nice finishing touch to a great meal.