View Single Post
Old 06-26-2013, 12:58 PM   #2
salty dog

Default Good to hear a positive 1st review

Quote:
Originally Posted by upthesaukee View Post
We went to the Woodlands Tavern last night for supper. I had the soup of the day for an appetizer, and then my wife had pork medallions and roasted fingerling potatoes. She said it was very good. She had the Crème Brule for dessert, and finished before I did....must have been good. I had the Creole Jambalaya, which was very spicy, but that is fine with me. They did ask if I wanted the seasoning adjusted down to medium or mild, but I do like my Jambalaya spicy. It was very good. I had a cinnamon apple cobbler for dessert, with vanilla ice cream and whipped cream on the side, and was very good.

The meal was a little pricey, but good, and we both felt that we had good value for the meal. It is just not a place I would go every night for dinner. Bill, with one drink each, was $69 before tip.

Service was good, not great, but they have only been open about one week. I expect that service will improve and that the staff will improve. It was good, but at times slow, and our waitress was, for the most part, also the hostess.

As I said, we will be back and look forward to trying other options. We will also try them for lunch after golf one of these days.
Glad to hear you folks enjoyed it. My wife and I have been following the progress of the renovations and are looking forward to visiting at least a couple of time during the two weeks we'll be up on vacation. We stay at a little cabin just down the hill on Railroad Ave so we can just walk to dinner. The William Tell was certainly an old landmark. My Wife's family is Swiss so she always enjoyed it but sometimes the food could be a bit heavy.