View Single Post
Old 12-15-2023, 11:15 AM   #49
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

No government or business is ever going to claim they have enough money, that isn't what changing the tax structure does. What you can do with a tax structure is change where buden lies.....

Examples

property tax -- Burden lies solely with the home owner

Rooms and Meals tax -- effects everyone residents / Homeowner pay meal tax along with tourists... Tourists pay for Rooms tax, as they don't have a place to stay...

Sales Tax -- effects everyone regardless of ownership and residency

The point people seem to continue to miss, is that I am not saying a Sales Tax is the answer, it is a way to shift burden.... And stabilize Property Tax... This doesn't mean that property tax and values still will not go up, and it doesn't mean that Sales Tax has to be outrageous.... it simple becomes a revenue stream that raises money and effects all people that enjoy the state equally....

When you look at something like a states total tax burden, which with out argument NH is low.... how is that being calculated? Is it based on # of declared residents?, is it based on Number of personal properties in the state? I mean just where does that number come from...