View Single Post
Old 11-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #11
LIforrelaxin

Location: Long Island, not that one, the one on Winnipesaukee

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeman671 View Post
I'll be honest, I was on the lake running 2 bubblers at my place for 10 years and never heard anything about needed a permit for them....Other than the required thin ice signs (we used 2), I never knew anything about it.

Nobody even goes out to check if you have them or not, either at the state or local level. I could certainly care less about the $1.00 per year for the 2, but the whole thing seems absurd. What is the purpose? Its not like they are keeping a map of who has and doesn't have them, and publishing it for safety reasons....
My guess codeman is many people have no idea about the permit...... you are surely not alone....I certainly was not aware of this requirement either... Of course I don't use a bubbler or an aquatherm so its of no consequence to me....

But I wonder if a few of my neighbors know about this.... they put the signs out as you do, but I wonder if they get the permit.... not that I am going to turn them in... just curiosity...

Last edited by LIforrelaxin; 11-04-2015 at 04:40 PM.
LIforrelaxin is offline   Reply With Quote