Thread: Proposed Law
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #418
Skip

Smile Static....

As most of the regular readers here have already figured out, I have several decades of direct, not speculative experience in this particular discussion. I can assure you that you have it, well let me put this politely...pretty well wrong.

I have gone through the radar certification process. I have been certified as a intoxilizer operator. I have worked shoulder to shoulder with countless full & part time officers across the state, both on the street and in the class room.

In your defense I find many of your opinions, while incorrect, fairly common out in the public. Too many folks get the wrong idea about law enforcement based on movies, television, gossip and most importantly incorrect information portrayed by the media.

It was (and still is) painful for me to read some of the atrocious beliefs & points being made (and still made) about radar training and employment, general points of law, the NHMP in particular and law enforcement in general. But then I usually sit back and realize that the same wrong things are repeatedly being said by the same half dozen posters and am content in knowing that a large number of our regular posters avoid these threads like the plague.

Why?

Because they are reasonable people that truly enjoy the Lake and conversations surrounding the same. They realize that Government and law enforcement are not perfect, but by and large it is made up of good people struggling every day to do the right thing. Most of them would rather waive to the NHMP rather than look for a reason to get into an argument with an officer. They know that probably some day somewhere, one of those officers, regardless if he's a thirty year grizzled veteran or a twenty something rookie on his first day, will risk his life or career to serveor save a fellow friend, relative or even themselves.

Because of Don's stewardship, this site shows that the world in general and Lake Winnipesaukee in particular is still full of wonderful & caring people. In closing maybe its time that all of us accept what occurred, study it fairly during its trial period and comment constructively when its time for review returns.

In other words, isn't it time we give it a rest?

Safe boating,

Skip