View Single Post
Old 10-05-2022, 10:45 AM   #42
LikeLakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seaplane Pilot View Post
I'm with you - no EV's for me. I love fossil fuels, and have zero intention of ever buying into this EV nonsense. I'll buy a horse and buggy if gasoline powered vehicles become a thing of the past.

On the other hand, for those of you that love the EV world, you can now buy an electric pontoon boat. 23 MPH top speed, with a range of 26 miles. Hold on to your hat, Helen!

https://www.purewatercraft.com/produ...-pontoon-boat/
Kind of like that electric powered seaplane ... not going to happen in our lifetime.

I get it. I love fossil fuel too, that's why I have a ski boat and others, powerful truck to plow and tow with, sports car for fun. But I still am intrigued by EV vehicles. I'll own one in the not too distant future, the tech is pretty cool plus for me, not suggesting everyone has to agree or feel this way, I would feel better with some of my 30,000 miles/year of driving being in an EV rather than gas or diesel.

I'd love to catch a ride with you some day, another thing about fossil fuel I love is the sound of engines and hearing a seaplane start up and take off puts a smile on my face!