View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 06:07 AM   #29
ApS

Arrow Call Ahead...

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Real BigGuy View Post
I was thinking about a pickup and thought I might as well look at electric. After reading some articles it appeared that I was going to get 75 - 80 miles a charge towing my 4K lb boat. Not quite enough to get from home to the lake so it would turn a 2 hr trip into a 4 - 5 hr trip w/charging. Not sohttps://insideevs.com/news/566070/tesla-supercharger-cables-cut-stolen/me thing I’m ready for.
And for the person who said chargers are everywhere. Not yet their not. If you go off highway into the hinterlands you sometimes need to go 20, 30, or more miles out of your way to find one based on some of the long term tests I’ve read.

So, when they come out with a reasonably priced electric pickup with 200 - 300 miles of towing range and more charging stations, I’m in but, that’s probably several years off.
It's especially important nowadays to call ahead--USA and Canada:

https://insideevs.com/news/566070/te...es-cut-stolen/

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Understandable--during the 90s and 00s, BMW was adding electronics steadily. They moved away from being a car for great drivers towards a car that drove great for everybody. So the old guard has always maintained that the new cars were not as good as the previous. (Obviously, this is a matter of preference) Porsche 911 is the same in this regard, yes?
I can't speak to this. My last Porsche drives were a new rental 1984 Porsche 911 at Nürburgring, and a new 911 Turbo I was tasked to "ferry" 5000 miles to a 1988 competition event. (The owner graciously let me compete in the same event, and came within one-tenth of a second of his time). In ten days, we'd worn-out all four of his new tires!

My two 914/6s had "enough electronics" in 1971...