View Single Post
Old 10-03-2022, 03:34 PM   #30
John Mercier

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeLakes View Post
Well maybe it's impossible but I decided to try anyway. I just started a new thread about energy, we'll see how it goes.

I don't agree it HAS to be political. I can discuss energy sources, types, conservation, etc. without mentioning anything political. If people choose to go there so be it, I'm not going to whine and complain if the new thread doesn't work out. Just thought I'd give it a try. And to the moderators, no problem at all with what you do, appreciate that it's not an easy role to play.
It can be done without politics...
The politics never work in the favor of those that want to include politics; and that is what doesn't work out.

The electric markets are largely capitalistic in nature with some oversight due to transmission monopolies. There is some politics there... but generally both sides of the equation tend to have a mixture from both parties.

The Co-op is given a bit more room due to the nature of not being a publicly traded entity with shareholders that differ from customers... but tends to move closely in line with the others. Costs being somewhat universal in nature.