View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 04:23 PM   #15
ITD

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mercier View Post
Ditto?
What is wrong with the facts that I produced?

Is the New England grid not mostly natural gas generation with nuclear being the number two?
Are we not shipping more natural gas to Europe than we have ever before?
Are they not paying multiples for that natural gas as comparison to us?
John, I'm not really interested in drilling down on your post, I just skimmed your post, but we can't have a meaningful discussion here, nor should we. I just read it again, and I agree with all of your facts. But to get into the biggest drag on energy, we need to look at political actions that have been going on for at least a decade now. I guaranty that will blow up, also it is not about the lake. My point is this a thread about threads getting shut down, not a continuation of the thread that was shut down. Bringing that discussion to here where energy is not the subject is the problem.

To Sailing away, the problem with having a political section on a website is that people get "overly passionate" and drag beefs or disagreements into the regular part of the forum. I guess it's human nature, or the need to be right. I've seen it in several other forums I frequent, memberships votes for a "hot section" in which loaded political subjects are discussed and it spirals out of control. Management is barraged with complaints, mostly about other members, it becomes overwhelming to the admin and toxic to the forum so it gets shut down. It takes at least a year for the butthurt to simmer down.

I remember a vote taken here already to allow these types of discussions and it was voted down. I think it was good decision. I hope that stays in place, there are tons of other places to discuss politics, let's keep it to the lake here, with maybe some local, non national politics mixed in.