View Single Post
Old 10-02-2022, 10:20 AM   #4
LikeLakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Unfortunately it is impossible to seriously discuss reducing electricity costs without looking at why they are increasing in the first place. That discussion is absolutely a political discussion and not proper for this site.

The just closed thread started out with in home methods to reduce costs, then naturally started to pick at what the actual causes of the unprecedented increase in costs, which is political. This is not a slam on Don, but these discussions tend to go on one sided for while, when a differing opinion gets introduced the lock comes. It would be nice if the lock came earlier in the cycle, but moderating these forums is not an easy task, I understand this. Those who drift these threads know exactly what they are doing. I bite my tongue here most of the time when these discussions come up, it would be nice if others did too.
Well maybe it's impossible but I decided to try anyway. I just started a new thread about energy, we'll see how it goes.

I don't agree it HAS to be political. I can discuss energy sources, types, conservation, etc. without mentioning anything political. If people choose to go there so be it, I'm not going to whine and complain if the new thread doesn't work out. Just thought I'd give it a try. And to the moderators, no problem at all with what you do, appreciate that it's not an easy role to play.