View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 11:41 AM   #12
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
Once again XCR, we disagree. I'm fine with him being charged, fined, whatever, but what he did, while a violation of trust and decency, is bad. Any moron who gets into a vehicle and drives drunk is much worse. Much worse.
We will have to agree to disagree.

What he did is a exceedingly reckless and a blatant disregard for anyone elses safety, and the results of any accident at that speed would horrifying.

I can tell you if faced with the choice of having him on the highway with me or some drunk driver, either would be a bad situation, but I'll take the drunk driver ANY day. Not much chance of surviving a collision with a 160+ MPH vehicle.

If you have ever seen the crashes on the German autobahn, all thats left is a burned out circle where the crash scene occurred. Its nasty and tragic. And thats on roads designed for travel at such speeds, NH roads are NOT designed for such speeds,,,

Again, we are each entitled to our opinions, but mine is pretty solid on this, and I am a passionate performance car enthusiast and former auto racer. So I love these cars, just not driving that fast on public roads shared with families in regular vehicles.

ATB
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote