View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 11:01 AM   #10
XCR-700

Quote:
Originally Posted by ITD View Post
It's speeding, reckless and dumb, but probably less dangerous to the public than driving drunk. .
Are you kidding???

At 161 MPH on NH roadways, thats worse than any drunk driver!

At that speed, you could run into unexpected traffic and wipe out multiple cars, where as most drunk drivers have a hard time getting up to normal speed and tend to have lower speed accidents.

I am not in any way trying to downplay the impact of drunk driving, but going 160+ MPH on NH roads is insane. This guy should lose his license automatically and for at least as long as someone convicted of drunk driving.

We have all been conditioned to 80+ MPH on our interstate highways and you may well see someone even doing 100 MPH on occasion for a very short burst, but as a former racer I can tell you with no doubt in my mind that over 125 MPH is a game changer, and again over 150 MPH is a whole different realm. If he had hit a minivan filled with a family, not likely anyone would survive. And no telling just how many cars you could destroy at that speed.

This offense is much worse than any average drunk driver and should have a greater punishment.

There are plenty of places elsewhere you can do what he was doing, but NH highways are not one of them.

Even if he had enough control to pass someone at that speed (and thats questionable) he probably would have scared them so bad, it would not surprise me to see them crash without ever having made contact.

This is a very bad situation and the system needs to make an example of him.
XCR-700 is offline   Reply With Quote