View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 05:52 PM   #16
mswlogo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SailinAway View Post
My original post was about stroes and store management. We don't have to go to parties, restaurants, etc. We do have to go to stores for food and essential items. Therefore stores have a primary social responsibility to protect customers by requiring their employees to wear masks and by enforcing the governor's mask mandate for everyone in the store.

I'm tired of hearing that employees have a health condition and can't wear a mask. A condition for working in any public position should be that the employee not pose a danger to public health. The employees' health problem isn't more important than public safety.

So what is Tractor Supply's corporate culture that seems to be anti-mask? I've always liked my local Tractor Supply, but they've dropped the ball in the pandemic.
I don't blame the employees for not wanting to confront customers that don't follow the mandate.

But I do blame management if employees themselves don't follow the mandate.

If I routinely see employees not following the mandate I just won't go there.

One sad thing I heard once that employees know of customers that rip them off every day and they don't approach them or do a thing about it. They just don't want to deal with the confrontation and I can't say I blame them.

Wearing masks isn't just to protect yourself, it's to protect others and healthcare workers from being over burdened.
It's a pretty simple request to help society. As will be getting vaccinated when available to you. Again, that isn't just for YOU.
The Following User Says Thank You to mswlogo For This Useful Post: