View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 09:37 AM   #13
WINNOCTURN
Deceased Member

Default Has Age got anything to do with it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipj29 View Post
Just last week in Weare, a landowners pasture was damaged by sleds that just couldn’t help themselves by going off trail. There was damage to electric fencing that was installed around the pasture last fall. On this trail, there are blaze markers, “stay on trail or stay home” signs, and even snow fencing in some areas. The landowner, who is actively involved in the club, decided to shut down the trail. This trail is a fairly major part of their trail system, although there are ways to get around it.
It took some convincing, but the landowner re-opened access to his property. I think it is safe to say that the Weare Winter Wanderers dodged a serious bullet.

It takes one idiot to make an entire group of people to look like idiots, unfortunately.

This season especially I have noticed throughout the trail systems in both southern and northern (Pittsburg) areas, people are going off trail all over the place. It is maddening.
Is it me (old fart) forgetting my youthful ways? You know of going over the line a little?

I grow concerned when I see a youthful "Rider" standing straight up holding on to an EXTENDED HANDLE BAR, oops forgot the Backpack. Is this a case of PROFILING on My part?

Seriously there seems to be a lot of Young/Youthful Riders, without
supervision, on the trails this Season.

I not letting the older or Adult Rider off the hook either.
WINNOCTURN is offline   Reply With Quote