View Single Post
Old 04-26-2020, 12:49 PM   #88
Susie Cougar

Major, the problem I have with your posts is that they scare me.
I have always had lung problems since I was a little girl. It was something that I just had to deal with. I always pushed myself hard but I could never keep up with the other kids. As an adult, I suffered from bouts of bronchitis and pneumonia often. But I always pushed myself, and I could run about 20 miles a week, at about a 12 mph pace. I was pretty slow, but I was always motivated to be healthy as I could.
The last 10 years of my life have been horrific. I was struck down with breast cancer and then The next year I was diagnosed with osteoporosis. They said because I lived in a northern climate my vitamin D levels were very very low and if I fell down I was going to break a hip. I was only in my 50s! I was taking drugs that made me viciously ill and told I had to keep taking them if I expected to ever get better. My weight went from 155 pounds down to 95 pounds. I really thought the doctors were going to kill me. They did not seem to be doing anything that was helping me and I just kept getting worse and worse.

When my mother died in 2014, we moved down here. I saw my doctors a couple of times and then I decided that I could not go through what they were putting me through anymore. I was cured of cancer at this time, let me point out.
My husband and I have been separated for 3 1/2 years now and I have been living all alone. During this time my weight has gone back up to 130 pounds and I’m starting to get some strength back in my legs. I work very hard and I can’t believe that I went from running 20 miles a week before this started to not even to be able to stand up anymore.
I ride my bike now and I swim, and I do as many weight lifting exercises that I can.
So when the virus first hit the news, unlike you Major , I took it very seriously. I have worked too hard in the last 10 years to give up now. I feel so i isolated and alone and I turn to the Winnepesaukee Forum for a social contact. I have not left my home in two months now, nor has my son been able to visit me. I feel that this virus should be over now and if we all could have done more at the beginning instead of pretending that our freedoms were being taken away and maybe everybody could’ve been working again by now.
I did not want to bear my soul and discuss my personal problems on an open forum like this, but I guess it has become inevitable because of some of the things I have said and no one knowing who I am.
No one wants things to get back to normal more than I do, I can assure you of that!