View Single Post
Old 10-06-2023, 10:33 AM   #20
Major

Thanked 1,000 Times in 415 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingScot View Post
Tough to pay for that Pavilion with food carts. They got themselves in a jam with a business plan that is not consistent. The structure they built is gorgeous and expensive, but the view and the food are not gorgeous and worth paying a premium
I have held off from weighing in on this, mostly because I like Sweets. (Who doesn't?) However, FlyingScot hit on the issue with OP. He was gifted a great menu and concept from Kevin, but his lack of discipline caused him to become distracted over time. First the menu was changed in which popular staples were removed, then he waited too long to resume normalcy after the government-imposed shut down. Then, with the success of another local Italian restaurant, Gusto, it was decided to again change the menu and ultimately the concept. It's as if he's constantly searching for the next great thing when he had it from the beginning - solid menu, solid food, good bartenders, nice atmosphere.

The straw that broke the camels back for me was last Thanksgiving, when we ordered some items to be picked up at noon. They weren't ready, and when they were, they were terrible. The explanation I got was that he was doing a lot for a local food pantry. (So I'm thinking to myself that I'm supposed to feel better that you f'd up my order so that non-paying customers were well fed. Great.) Either you run a business or run a service organization. Again, another example of a lack of discipline. We haven't been back.

I would love to see the OP succeed, but the writing has been on the wall for some time that it will not.
Major is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Major For This Useful Post: